photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

5.22.2013

That Time I (Didn't Root For The Home Team)

I have been seriously slacking in the blogging department.
So I sincerely apologize.
However, if you read my last blog post, then you'll know it's because I just spent the last four days in Colorado with Dillon! That's a pretty darn good reason.

So in order to combine telling you a little bit about what we did and my That Time I weekly post, I'm going to tell you about the time I didn't root for the home team.
Clever? I don't know - I'm really tired. Our flight was at 6:15 this morning and I only got like four hours of sleep. Plus we almost missed our flight. Too much stress for that early in the morning. 

Anyways.
We did some fun stuff the last four days! One of the best was going to the Diamondbacks vs. Rockies game Monday night.


I was not incredibly excited because as we were driving up to Denver it was raining and freezing. And the stadium is not a closed one. And I do not do well with cold. At all.
But we got there and it had stopped raining, and even though it was still pretty cold, being this close to the field was just really exciting.
Dillon has brought me to a couple Diamondbacks games before but now that I understand baseball a lot more I was definitely more into it.




Once the people around us realized we were Diamondbacks fans and not Rockies fans, the shit talk started. Okay, not really, but this girl behind us realized it and said jokingly that she would give us crap.
And then Dillon said "All I'll say is look at the score."
We were winning. And stayed winning. The entire game.
Our pitcher was amazing.


It was a sweet, sweet win.
And it was just a lot of fun talking with my sister and Dillon.
We had an amazing time!

Oh, and at the beginning of the game I asked only one thing of Dillon.
Catch me a ball.


And then he did. 
Am I using too many italics? Probably.
So he didn't technically catch it. It hit the area between the two levels, bounced off and hit the guy's head who was sitting next to us, and then Dillon got it. Still counts, right?
I jokingly said to Dillon, should we give that guy the ball since it hit his head? And the guy heard me and was like no, gosh no. And then when I was taking this picture, the guy was like hey I can sign it for you! Hahaha, it was great.
But you know, what would I actually do with the baseball? So Dillon gave it to the three little boys who were sitting in front of us. They were so happy! It was adorable.

So there you have it! That Time I Didn't Root for the Home Team and totally kicked butt.

Don't forget to check out the lovely Alex's That Time I post, along with Hayley's!

Also, today Heavens to Meighan is hosting a "That One Time" link up!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that he got you a ball! And it's even more awesome that he gave it the boys in front of you.

    At a baseball game with my dad, I asked him, "What would you do if you caught a ball?"

    He said, "I'd keep it."

    I asked if he'd give it to me. He said, "Well, you didn't catch it. Did you?"

    Now my dad sounds like a meany lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you can never use too many italics. Just saying. I don't think I would ask anyone to catch me a ball because that means a ball would be coming near me, probably fast. Nooooo way Jose! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun even with the nasty weather!
    && how awesome that he caught a ball. I've never actually had that
    happen and I've been to a MILLION baseball games. haha (:

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...