photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

6.26.2013

That Time I (Left You in Suspense)

I know you have been waiting all week to see my next post about the cruise, but unfortunately you're going to have to wait one more week before you find out the next fun adventure!

Summer has me pretty messed up schedule-wise.
I seriously love summer, but it's hard for me to find the energy to do anything...even blog.
(Because honestly blogging can be pretty time-consuming!)
Especially after a 7+ hour work day, I just like to come home and snuggle in bed with my teddy bear and watch some Netflix. (Currently I'm rewatching Pretty Little Liars.) I always aspire to accomplish so much in the summer, but laziness takes hold of me, plus the summer heat of Arizona is honestly energy-sucking. 

Here are some of my summer goals that I have yet to accomplish (or even come close to accomplishing):

1. Read...a lot!
I'm currently only on my first official "summer book" which is honestly just pathetic. I need to hop off Netflix and dive into my books! I'm reading Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, which is the sequel to Shatter Me. If you haven't read these books yet DO IT!

2. Work out consistently
I'm pretty sure I have done a grand total of...zero workouts this summer. Unless you count the Harry Potter work out I attempted to do with my sister, but the video was loading too slow and I had more important plans that weekend (like turning 21).

3. Blog Good
I am sure you have already noticed my lack of good blogging. My goal has been to make at least one more blog post in the current month than the previous month. So far so good, but in order to keep it up I'll have to blog every day for the next five days...probably not going to happen. :/

4. Learn how to play guitar
Okay so this one is actually going a little better than the rest! I had my sister teach me a few chords this past weekend and so I can now kind of play What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. There are a couple other songs I have attempted but they require a capo and I don't have one quite yet. But my roommate called me a rockstar the other day...so success!

5. Decorate my room
I recently (like a month ago) switched rooms and I still haven't gotten around to putting up all my pictures and making sure everything is organized. I'm not the kind of person who can't handle a little clutter so this one might take all summer, even though I don't even have that much stuff to organize.

So do you get the picture?
Summer = Lazy Emily
But I am really hoping I'm not the only one!

Send me good vibes and hopefully I can gain some motivation to actually put a dent in these goals!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. So, I totally stopped working out once summer hit. It's bad, I know.

    I know what you mean about blogging being time consuming. I woke up earlier than usual this morning to finish my post for today, just because I had no time for it earlier. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start working out too. Need someone to send some motivation dust my way!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...