photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

7.05.2013

'Merica

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July yesterday!
My day? Glorious.
Since I had the day off of work I celebrated by staying up late watching The Life of Pi with my roommate and then sleeping in! Dillon didn't enjoy me sleeping in, however, since he sent me this text:
"You must not love America since you're sleeping through it's birthday."
Isn't he sweet?

I started out my morning with a Tone it Up work out!
I have been semi consistently keeping up with their weekly work out schedules for the past week, and I have to say I am really loving it! And if I can look even half as good as those girls, then yes please.
My main motivation for working out right now is because I will be seeing D in just two days!!! I am beyond excited, and although I know that a week's worth of working out isn't going to give me the body I want, I am feeling more confident and that definitely counts for something! Now we will see if I can continue with it afterwards...
If you aren't signed up for their free weekly fitness schedules, you need to be!

After working up a sweat my roommate and I decided to get patriotic! We made pancakes from scratch and, to make them patriotic, added red and blue food coloring to some of them!
 You cannot tell me that these aren't the coolest most patriotic pancakes ever!

Then we hopped on over to the mall for some shopping!
I'm not going to lie, one of the reasons I had to go is because I don't have anything remotely 4th of July worthy. The only red shirts I have are my UA shirts. And then I admit, I ended up spending way too much money. Darn credit cards. I felt silly buying red white and blue clothing on the 4th of July, but oh well. Here's what I came up with!

When I saw this little "recipe" I knew I had to make it for the fourth!
And oh my yumminess was it delicious. All it is: angel food cake, strawberries, blueberries, Cool Whip, and at the very top I put peanut butter frosting. Best. Dessert. Ever. I will definitely make this again, even without a holiday!

We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner and had to eat extremely fast because they closed in 30 minutes. Totally ate my money's worth, though! Then we went home and had some fun with sparklers in our front yard!



 First attempt with the self-timer.

 There we go. :)



 
 Overall it was an amazing day. It was so nice to have the day off and spend it all with my best friend. Since moving in together I feel like we have actually seen each other less with our busy schedules, and me going home every weekend.
Also, we never did go out and actually see any fireworks. You may call me unAmerican, but I'm sorry...I can't hear you over the sound of my freedom. ;)

And now, yay for the weekend and me flying up to Colorado in the am!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...